Finger Food (29)
What a week!!!! Had to work pretty hard, a couple of days spent in conference, some stress to build up a significant activity over this 2.0 stuff everybody (still) want to know about, plus a stack of book to read are looming from a corner in my lounge, my shoulder is sort of painful after kickboxing on Tuesday (fun, fun, fun nonetheless!!!), and seemingly, my snowboarding trip over to Livigno is not going to happen.. nevermind the buzzcocks, Finger Food is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Nanotech coupled with the “auto-functioning” of DNA molecules to assemble nanotubes structures and… the sky’s the limit, according to some IBM research..
- Gates on video to give us glimpses of the strategic thinking behind some of the latest Microsoft adventures.. which, incidentally, is something Sergey Brin finds hard to digest as much as stone cold prawn curry for breakfast!!
- Meanwhile, Microsoft goes Open!! Whooooops…..
- And everybody’s on the move, these days, including MySpace trying to regain the former glory with some walkabouts into music business..
- The media World is getting heated up.. BBC and iTunes, Vivendi launches Zaoza (chinese for “word of mouth”…) to revamp the former Vizzavi disaster (I told them what to do back in 2002, they didn’t…) with a new hope!! Which do not include Apple in the recipe…
- More.. I am obliged to quote that the DVD new format war has been won by Blu-ray against HD DVD.. now, if you just consider the potential marketing activities and the overall appeal of the two “names” (without even considering some more tech specs) you should have spotted the winner since long ago, before the “war” was even remotely started..
- I have just posted an Homo 2.0 and somewhere in the post I mentioned the concept of “GridBraining”.. there you are, Kluster!! Like the idea, like to hope mankind is slightly more interesting than expected and proposed by lobotomy prone TV… well done chap..
- More on green initiatives, hyper cities and environmental studies.. grid, grid….brain, brain..
- Man is the center mantelpiece.. Microsoft is heading towards enabling the most powerful of all GUI, man himself!! Voice and touch… and considering the explosion of touchscreens in mobile phones… you make up your mind… ah, by the way, crowdsourcing or GridBraining also in the Xbox next game palette????
- On the other side of the tech, there is still the Force you may want to rely upon, to bypass that hiccup you call DSL, so there it it, the new Lucas game.. ok, silly intro, nevertheless I love the thing!!! And there is a new engine to enhance the overall physics of the game, Digital Molecular Matter.. whoops, it is a game, after all!!!
Do you remember the story of that French bank, what was the name, ah, yes, Societe Generale, going head over heels because of a GordonGekko wannabe? There is seemingly a herd on the loose, since UBS, a slightly large Swiss bank, has got some similar problems… meanwhile, why not using tech properly, also to boost the economy?? Evolution does asks for its toll, sometimes, and quite sadly this time is Polaroid to go into the “nice memories” chest of drawers..sad, too sad…
An attempt to buy out 3Com by Chinese Huawey (IBM; PCs owners, remember??) has been immediately stopped as a matter of national security.. or something the likes.. More on 2.0, now is about free publishing of scientific papers, PLoS, a nice add after the YouTube for scientist, Scivee, that made my blog booming with hits when I posted about (OK, just because I put “…Tequila” in the title, spelled wrong, btw..).
And plenty more stuff… China does not like US to go about shooting in the sky, Serbs do not like Kossovo being independent and make sure the World knows about their feelings, Facebook faces its first decline in zillion of months of steep growth (look out for a new 2.0 champion!!!) (but do not say it too loud, yet..), and Google goes on the Moon!!!!
OK, let’s stop it here, there is a computer-addict syndrome looming ahead!!! So head for the beach, hit the slopes with your boards, do something unspeakable with your lovey-lovey, but heck, leave that keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or, otherwise, see you next week!!!